web 2.0

1.19.2010

A Lumosity Review - Brain Games Are Fun!

Lumosity brain games are one of a number of various brain training programs out. I've tried a few others, and as such kind of consider myself a connoisseur of brain training programs. Just kidding.

But, no, really... I have used a few and DO have some point of reference of what to expect. I found a few things superior about Lumosity relative to the rest that I'd like to tell you about.

But before I get started I just want to mention something kind of unexpected to see in a review of lumosity GAMES: I kind of like their blog, which seems to collect some interesting tidbits on brain stuff. Lumosity has some of the really basic cognitive games that are common among most cognitive training game packages, such as n-back digit span, stroop and others. They claim to actually have some basic research backing the benefits of their games too -- the sample size was a tad bit small, however.

Previously, another brain training website I was a member of, I noticed that they seemed to have limited limited support. They were also a bit more expensive too.... which is why I ended up giving them up.

But then... I read that Lumosity had a free trial. I had to give it a shot. I had nothing left to lose.They've provided a little research (the control group was tiny though - I'd like to see more), and they have some really basic cognitive games that are based on legitimate cognitive tests, such as the stroop test.

One of the other aspects I enjoyed about their software suite is the BPI or better known as the "Brain Performance Index," which essentially allows you to compare your score to some 7,200,000 other runs of the same game by other people. This probably sealed the deal on getting me to try the game out - it let's me see how I compare to other people. I'm a guy - I've got to get my kicks by having a cognitive pissing contest.

The games definitely seem to do something to my brain (haha). I feel more energetic, and my head feels swollen after a good hour run or two.

Read more about lumosity brain fitness.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Taylor_Demedicci

0 comments:

Post a Comment